Want to earn a living, set your own hours, and meet interesting people from all over the world? Apply to be a taxi driver today!
Here are some of the benefits of driving a taxi with Coastal Ride:
- You set your own hours and schedule!
- We own the vehicle, repair the vehicle, and maintain the vehicle. You lease the vehicle.
- If the vehicle breaks down, we’ll take care of it.
- No wear and tear on your own vehicle and no increase in your personal insurance costs!
- You’re not alone; you’ll have human support.
- Unlike other services, you keep the entire fare and tip on regular pickups – no percentage taken out!
- Our rates are set by the localities, so they are always the same.
- All drivers attend the National Safety Council’s Defensive Driving Course.
- “Ride around with an Experienced Driver” is part of the Orientation Program.
- Military personnel, veterans, and military spouses are encouraged to drive with Coastal Ride. The Military community is important to us and we are always looking for quality drivers.
- All drivers are Independent Lessees.
Insurance and Most Significant Local Ordinance Requirements for Drivers:
- Drivers must be at least 23 years old.
- Drivers who are over 65 must have a physician’s statement indicating they are fit to drive.
- Driving Record: At least 5 years of DMV driving history. We can help obtain most out of state DMV records if needed. Also, complete driving history will be considered for insurance purposes.
- Driving History: The following criteria must be met.
a.) Zero or better points on DMV Record.
b.) No more than three minor violations within the past 36 months.
c.) No more than one major violation and two minor violations within the past 36 months.
d.) No more than two chargeable accidents in the past 36 months.
e.) No drug-related violations.
- Criminal Background Check: Will be conducted by the police department.