Coastal Ride App Features
Book a cab right here, right now
- Coastal Ride determines your current GPS location.
- Tap the Coastal Ride button to book a cab.
- Coastal Ride then locates the closest cab to your current location.
Schedule future pickups
- Easily book rides for later today, tomorrow, or any time in the future.
- Enter in a pickup address or place of interest (i.e. MSP Terminal, Restaurant, Business, etc.).
- Choose from recent locations used or your saved favorites (i.e. Home, Work, Gym, Bar, etc.).
Stop guessing when your cab will arrive
- Coastal Ride tracks your cab in real-time.
- Receive notifications as the taxi approaches.
- With each taxi booking, you receive a confirmation number that can be used for reference purposes.
Transportation You Can Trust
Coastal Ride, formally App-a-Cab, is the premier smartphone Taxi Booking App for Hampton Roads, dispatching taxis serving Newport News, Hampton, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, their local airports, and military bases. With Web Booker you can also use any Internet Browser to do the same things, in the same system, using the same account!
Easily book a taxi based on your current GPS location or by entering your pickup location details. Coastal Ride then locates the closest cab to ensure prompt service. Using our live tracking feature, you can watch your cab arrive on a map and receive notifications when the cab is near.
The Fare Estimator, using the rates set by the city, can estimate the cost of your ride. You can also schedule future pickups from any location, so use Coastal Ride to book a taxi to the airport tomorrow or downtown this weekend. You can even choose from recent locations used or save your own favorites (i.e. Home, Work, Gym, Favorite Bar, etc.).
With taxis booked through Coastal Ride, there is no surge pricing or surprises when it’s time to pay. Taxi pricing is set by the city and is plainly visible on the meter. You always know what you’re paying.
Here are some more benefits
- Driver Criminal Background Checks conducted by the Police Department.
- Vehicles inspected by the Police Department, as well as annual State Inspections.
- Since all of the vehicles are owned by the cab companies, professional mechanics maintain them. They are serviced every 4,000 miles ensuring a safe and reliable ride.
- 24 Hour Commercial Auto Liability Insurance on all vehicles.
- All drivers are required to take a Defensive Driving Class when they start driving and every two years thereafter.
- All vehicles are equipped with digital cameras for safety.
- Drivers have access to a safe button that alerts the call center if an emergency occurs.
- Wheelchair accessible taxis – the only ones available in Hampton Roads.